Week 6 - Organizational Planning: Traditional Approaches
Activity: Prison Realignment Planning Case with Don Ashton, Chief Administrative Officer for El Dorado County
- What challenges do you see with the CCP Executive Committee tasked with the planning/implementation process?
- What benefits do you see with the CCP Executive Committee tasked with the planning/implementation process?
- What are the consequences of setting policy by ballot initiative (e.g, Three Strikes) and how does this impact the planning/implementation process?
- Did planning, at the local level and/or state level, address the root cause of prison overcrowding and if not, what is a possible outcome?
- What were the likely impacts on local government and what issues did local government have to plan for?
- Jail construction/capacity
- Increased crime rates
- Community Based Programs/Services
- Adequate time to prepare