Thesis Writing Tips
- Explain all of the decisions you make and describe the consequences of these decisions.
- Write 4-5 pages of your thesis each week on average if you want to complete your thesis within six months.
- Work on thesis writing for 2-3 hours per day at least four days each week.
- Minimize interruptions by turning off cellphone and email announcements while you write.
- Build in at least one day away from your thesis each week to clear your head and gain new perspective.
- Identify a PPA peer feedback partner and provide each other with regular, structured feedback on thesis drafts.
- Plan what you will accomplish during your next thesis writing session as you finish your current session.
- Save a new version of your thesis each time you sit down to work on it (generally on a daily basis) and create back-ups via Google Drive, Drobox or email.